AAS is hiring!
Would you like to join our friendly office team? We're hiring!
(Part or full time position)
The American Association of Singapore (AAS) strives to keep members connected to the American experience through fun, facts and friendship. We are a community association celebrating the culture of the United States through events, career support, community news and fellowship, committed to enriching the lives of all nationalities in Singapore.
We are in search of a passionate and dynamic salesperson to join AAS as Advertising Manager. The Advertising Manager role focuses on developing and implementing sales strategies that support the American Association’s strategic initiatives. The Advertising Manager will be responsible for sourcing new advertising clients and maintaining existing relationships.
The role could be part time or full time depending on the successful candidate.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Advertising Manager is responsible for performing the following duties:
Essential duties and responsibilities
SALES & AD PUBLISHING
Responsible for meeting monthly advertising sales objectives, as determined by AAS through prospecting to penetrate new accounts and developing existing accounts for Singapore American Newspaper (10 publications per year), Living in Singapore (bi-annual publication) and on-line banners (at aasingapore.com).
- Develop and implement plans and strategies for developing sales including placing outbound calls (to include cold-calls), prospecting, conducting face to face meetings and making sales presentations
- Create, maintain and provide accurate and timely sales forecasts.
- Close new business and foster existing customer relationships
- Articulate the value proposition of AAS’s products and services (e.g. AAS membership, events and CRCE at networking events) to prospective clients
- Maintains accurate records of all pricings, sales and activity reports
- Prepare sales contracts for clients
- Request invoices and ensure payments are received
- Check artwork and work with Communications Manager on ad placements
- Coordinate advertisers’ editorials
- Compile information for “What’s happening”
- Upload banner ads to websites
- Attend and work major events, as needed
Sales experience and a passion to close deals.
- Confidence and a persuasive manner with the ability to think creatively
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Experience in a sales or business development environment focusing on canvassing and cold-calling to various types of businesses
- Team player; able to work with colleagues to both share and leverage prospect contacts and knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to adapt to work with diverse groups
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Monthly salary along with commission on sales.
All applications to be sent to email@example.com
Download this job description here.