Career Workshops and Coaching
Are you new to Singapore? Thinking about getting a job or perhaps just interested in personal development or refreshing your professional skills?
The Career Resource Center for Excellence offers regular workshops on a range of career-related topics. View the Events Calendar for upcoming workshops.
One-to-One Career Counseling
Relocate, Relaunch & Renew
About our Career Advisors
About our Executive Coach
"Thank you so much for the treasure trove of information and for what I can count as the single most interesting talk I have been to since my arrival in Singapore. It was informative, comforting and exciting. My husband came home and said that I seemed really energized, which is exactly how I felt and I wanted to thank you for that. I'm going to work on all of these things and I'm sure I will see you at another event in the near future."
"Although I now live in London. My fondest memories of Singapore are all the AAS events and the CRCE Community that helped me through my transition and I am still a part of the CRCE LinkedIn Group. Thank You to the AAS Team."
Want further one-to-one advice on your job search strategies, resume and/or interviews after attending the workshops? Making a career change? Need to figure out how to remove career roadblocks? We have YOUR solution!
How does it work? Sign up for a private 45-minute appointment with a professional Career Advisor. Sessions can be conducted in-person or over Skype, FaceTime or Google Hangouts.
The topics covered are based on what is most important for YOU and can include (but are not limited to):
- Understanding the Singapore job market and learn tips for conducting your job search here
- Getting feedback on your resume in order to align with local expectations and best practices
- Networking and using LinkedIn
- Discussion of transferrable skills to explore potential options to consider
- Interview practice and preparation
- Writing cover letters and other application collateral
Attend one of our core job search workshops for more comprehensive advice and networking opportunities. Career counseling sessions offer more personal advice.
Please contact email@example.com to schedule a meeting.
Cost: $100 for CRCE members; $150 for non-CRCE members
Click here to find out more about our Career Advisors.
- Relocating to a new country or repatriating back home?
- Want to update your resume and LinkedIn profile?
- Need help identifying your transferrable skills?
- Hope to discover career paths open to you in your new location?
If you have answered “yes” to any of these questions, working with our career counselor one-to-one can make a huge difference preparing you for your transition.
While we cannot advise you on the specifics of your particular destination, these sessions are designed to help you think through your experiences and skills in general. The goal is to prepare you for your upcoming transition and get you ready to kick off the job search in your new location.
We can also help you with updating your resume and LinkedIn profile so that you can easily update and tailor these important tools to meet needs in your new location.
These 45-minute sessions can be done in person in the AAS office with one of our professional Career Advisors while you are still in Singapore. Don’t have before you go? No worries! We can meet virtually (via Skype, FaceTime, or Google Hangouts) after you relocate.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a session.
Cost: $100 for CRCE members; $150 for non-CRCE members
About our Career Advisors:
Dee Khanduja and Dr. James Kwan
Dee has circa 19 years’ experience working as a Career Coach, Recruiter and Headhunter. She is a serial entrepreneur, qualified trainer and copywriter who has run her own employment agency since 2007.
Dee specializes in helping candidates gain clarity over their career path, as well as providing practical know-how in the following areas:
- Algorithm-friendly and keyword-rich CVs & cover letter writing
- Creating ’searchable' LinkedIn profiles
- Mapping and researching using LinkedIn to develop target lists of jobs and contacts
- Networking like a pro
- Creating powerful elevator pitches
- Conducting memorable interviews
- Negotiating your worth
- Pitching and presenting with power
- Sales storytelling
Known for her action-taking attitude, resourcefulness and sheer grit to ‘get things done’, Dee’s coaching style is fun, practical and memorable.
She currently runs her employment agency, 3C Synergy, and a membership site called Career Queenz – for wildly ambitious mama-entrepreneurs.
Dr. James Kwan
Dr. James Kwan is an accomplished career consultant and trainer with more than 20 years of experience in training, lecturing, facilitation, consulting and coaching. An accountant by training, he has worked in the finance, manufacturing, higher education, hotel and property development industries. He is currently an Independent Director of a property development company, which is listed on SGX. He is an Assistant Professor and adjunct lecturer at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and Nanyang Business School, NTU respectively.
James is a Certified Professional Career Coach of International Coach Academy. He provides career coaching and life coaching for managers and professionals seeking career changes. He conducts highly-engaging workshops in career transition topics at several training institutions. With empathy and connectedness as his key strengths, he assists his candidates to identify various pathways to develop outcome-based career strategies. His areas of expertise include:
- Creating impactful resumes with unique selling propositions and keywords that attract recruiters
- Increasing visibility and credibility on LinkedIn to build your network and enhance your job search
- Applying effective job search strategies in the Singapore market
- Handling tough interview questions and managing negotiations that could result in job offers
- Identifying and employing key strengths to flourish and thrive in career progression
- Building resilience during career transition
James demonstrates his credibility and affinity when providing training and coaching to his clients. To date, he has coached more than 300 professional managers and C-suite leaders from diverse industries in private and not-for-profit organizations.
James holds a PhD in Accounting and Finance from the University of Western Australia and five master's degrees in business administration, investment and finance, higher education and business research and digital education. He is a fellow member of several accountancy bodies in Singapore, Australia and the UK.
Are you looking to optimize your professional performance and operate consistently at your best in the workplace? Would you like to shift the way that you manage moments of pressure, change and stress? Do you need to overcome roadblocks that are preventing you from being successful, gain clarity on where you are headed and move to the next level?
Our certified Executive Coach is here to help you realize your individual goals and to give you the tools and techniques to be more resilient, confident and fulfilled in your professional, and ultimately, your personal life.
Through this six-session program, the Executive Coach will work with you to help you clarify your objectives, achieve goals, act as a sounding board and help you gain self-awareness. Start playing to your strengths and identify any blind spots for improvement.
Typical outcomes and goals achieved throughout the coaching process can be:
- Gain clarity on your vision and purpose
- Move beyond limiting beliefs and what is holding you back
- Connect with your best self
- Identify and change habits that are not helping you move towards your goals
- Understand where you are heading and what is needed to get you to the next level
- Make real and lasting change
- Think clearly under pressure
- Develop a confident, clear and resilient mindset to deal with any challenging situation that comes your way (meetings, interactions, pitches, difficult working relationships, reviews, etc.)
- Accountability of future action
- Drive results and achieve top levels of performance, consistently
- Build executive presence; tools to handle your responsibilities, teams, geographies and stakeholders. Clear view of the big picture.
- Celebrate successes
- Feel calmer and lead a happier life
EXECUTIVE COACHING PROGRAM DETAILS:
The Executive Coaching program consists of six bi-weekly sessions with our certified Executive Coach, Agi Heale. Each one-to-one session runs for 60 minutes and can be conducted virtually or in-person. The program follows the B.R.I.G.H.T six-stage methodology.
Begin – Bold & Brave
- Establish a clear vision of where you are heading.
- Reconnect with your values.
- Assess the current snapshot of “where you are” and what you want.
- Identify strengths to move forward.
- Create personal Life Purpose statement.
- Gain clarity on saboteurs – the voice that holds you back.
- Dealing with imposter syndrome.
- Enabling tools to overcome limiting beliefs.
- Hold discussions and agree to short-term goals and long-term strategic objectives.
- Develop a clear route forward.
- Importance of mindset, ability to change state.
- Set bespoke development plans to ensure success.
- Sustainably reforming patterns of behavior that are not working or a less effective.
- Track progress to celebrate what has worked well.
- Recap of all the tools and resources learned and how they can be implemented into daily life
PRICING AND REGISTRATION
Cost for Six-Session Package: $1,800 for CRCE members; $2,100 for non-CRCE members
Interested in finding out more? Sign up for a complimentary 30-minute virtual Discovery Session to meet our Executive Coach, Agi Heale, and to learn more about the coaching program.
Click here for available Discovery Sessions with Agi.
Ready to sign up for the program or have questions? Email us at email@example.com
About our Executive Coach:
Prior to becoming a full-time coach, Agi worked successfully in Financial Services recruitment for six years as a Director managing three teams. As a result, she is well-versed dealing with senior leadership, a fast-paced environment and demanding targets. Since Financial Services recruitment, Agi trained as a professional coach and subsequently built her coaching practice in London, and now in Singapore, working with both organizations and individuals. Agi’s services include Executive Coaching, 360 Assessments and Leadership Development Programs.
Agi was born in the US, grew up in Hong Kong, studied in the UK and now lives in Singapore with her family. As a result, she works with clients cross-culturally, and is confident coaching people from all walks of life. Agi has written her first book, Generation Panic, filled with tools and techniques for anxious professionals to get back on track, which is being published in May 2021.
Agi is a certified professional coach (CPCC, PCC & Certified NLP Practitioner) and works with high potentials and leaders to operate consistently at their best; achieving their goals, working productively and reaching top performance. She does this by focusing on building a confident, positive and resilient mindset that works even in the most challenging of times. She uses a blend of coaching, leadership development, NLP and Neuroscience techniques to find the best solutions for clients
CRCE Cancellation & Refund Policy:
CRCE reserves the right to cancel workshops. In the event of cancellation by AAS, registrants can opt to attend another workshop or receive a full refund. If registrants contact AAS (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 48 hours prior to the workshop start time, he/she will be issued a credit that can be applied to any same priced CRCE workshop within the following 90 days. In the event of a no-show or day of workshop cancellation, no credit will be issued.