Fri, May 12|
Fort Canning Park
Teachers Night: Shakespeare in the Park
American Association of Singapore has organized a very special evening for our partners' Teaching Staff and School administrators. SRT's critically-acclaimed Shakespeare in the Park series is finally back with A Midsummer Night’s Dream!
Time & Location
May 12, 2023, 7:30 PM – 10:00 PM GMT+8
Fort Canning Park, 51 Canning Rise, Singapore 179872
About the Event
Are you an eduator? Then this night is for you!
Join others in education at Singapore Reperatory Theatre's critically acclaimed Shakespeare in the Park series, which is finally back after a five-year COVID intermission! This time, it returns with the popular comedy, A Midsummer Night’s Dream – a romantic comedy about mischief and magic.
As many of our members are Teachers and School Admins, we wanted to organize an evening especially for you to show our thanks for all you do! We hope that evenings like these will offer a way for education professionals across schools to network and get to know one another. Enjoy your picnic under the night sky amidst the luscious surrounding of Fort Canning Park, and immerse yourselves in this timeless tale of love gone hilariously wrong.
"The course of true love never did run smooth …'"
The Fairy King and Queen are at war, four young lovers have eloped to the forest, and a group of tradesmen are rehearsing a play. But it is Midsummer Night and Puck, as chief mischief-maker, is pulling pranks to ensure that the course of true love is anything but smooth. Puck's magic spells cause the lovers to change their allegiance, and one of the tradesmen, Nick Bottom, undergoes a shocking transformation. Can the magic of fairyland be reversed before sunrise? Find out in this evening of theatrical wonder at another Shakespeare in the Park spectacle.
Rating / Age Limit
- This is a smoke-free event
- Tickets must be purchased for children aged 3 and above
- No admission for infants in arms and children below 3 years old
- Recommended for children aged 10 and above
- No pets allowed
- Please arrive early
- Ticket holders are encouraged to picnic from 6.30pm
- No chairs allowed
Late Seating Advisory:
- Latecomers will be admitted but assigned a specific picnic area.
- You will be allowed to join your group of friends or move to a preferred area only during intermission.
- Should you leave the venue once the performance has started, you will be required to sit at a designated area for latecomers to avoid disruption.
Wet Weather conditions:
In case of adverse weather, SRT reserves the right to cancel the performance.
- If the show is cancelled before the interval, ticket holders may attend an alternative date which will decided by SRT, with the same ticket.
- There will be no exchange of tickets if the show is cancelled after the interval.
- In the event that the last performance is cancelled, patrons will be allowed to attend Shakespeare in the Park in the following year on a date selected by SRT.
- A performance is deemed cancelled only after an official announcement is made by SRT at the event venue. This information will also be announced on SRT’s Official Facebook page thereafter.
- No refunds will be possible.
Photography / Video Recording Rules
- No photography, video and/or audio recording are allowed during the performance.
- AAS members receive 10% off registration fees! To receive special members discount, simply sign into the site before registration. Teachers and School Admins of Singapore American School, XCL World Academy and Stamford American International School receive free AAS membership. Please contact your school admin to inquire.
Members - please sign in to get 10% off registration fee.SGD 70.00+SGD 1.75 service fee