Four-Part Workshop Series
Discover how you can repackage your skills, talents and experience to design your unique Portfolio Career; one which is flexible enough to adapt to wherever your expat journey takes you.
Being an expat partner means you face certain challenges when trying to get into the paid workforce each time you move. In Singapore, part-time positions are not common, and getting your foot in the door can be difficult. This doesn’t mean you have to give up all hope of building an exciting career. In fact, you are in a unique position to take control of your destiny and create a career based on your passions, your desired work schedule and geared towards your family commitments.
Starting in September, CRCE is offering a four-part workshop. The aim is to help you find your career path, identify your talents, design your unique portfolio career and devise a strategy for implementation. By the end of the four sessions, you will have created a blueprint detailing your portfolio career and how you can
Session one - Identifying Your Talents
- Find your passion
- Review of what you’ve done in the past, what to keep doing and what to throw out!
- Define your strengths and weaknesses
- Pull together all the threads to see what might be possible in a Portfolio Career
Session two – Design Your Portfolio
- Turning the threads into a masterpiece
- Brainstorming different options, pros & cons of how you can repackage your talents
- Exploring whether you would like to be an entrepreneur or have a fixed job
- Using a creative process to design a potential career in your suitcase
Session three – Devise the Implementation Strategy
- By now you know what you want to do but what are the next steps
- Sharing knowledge and experience the group helps each other to build an implementation strategy
- The exact content will be linked to the work which comes from the first two sessions
- Everyone will leave the session with their plan drawn up
Session four – Ready for Action
- Fine tuning the ideas
- Testing out the idea why presenting it to the group and getting feedback
- Writing up an action plan with specific deadlines and milestones
- Fabulous wrap up to celebrate the journey of discovery!
Each session will be highly interactive and practical. A variety of activities, discussions and tools to enhance the learning.
(For those who miss a session, we will send you handouts so you can work through the process yourself. we will also be available for one to one sessions but there will be an additional charge for this.)
Choose to attend the full series of four or a selection to suit your schedule
Sign up early to avoid disappointment!
The four workshops will be held on 11 and 25 September, 6 and 13 November
CRCE Member: $35
*CRCE Cancellation & Refund policy: CRCE reserves the right to cancel workshops. In the event of cancellation by AAS, registrants can opt to attend another workshop or receive a full refund. AAS does not issue refunds for workshops. If registrants contact AAS (email@example.com) at least 24 hours prior to the workshop start time, he/she will be issued a credit that can be applied to any same priced CRCE workshop within the following 90 days. In the event of a no-show or day of workshop cancellation, no credit will be issued.