Tuesday, May 26 2020
**Please note: Due to COVID-19, these One-to-One Career Counseling sessions will now take place as virtual sessions only. Upon registering for a session, we will connect you with the Career Advisor to decide on the preferred platform for the session (ex. - WhatsApp, Skype, etc.).**
Register NOW for your private career counseling session with our Career Advisor.
The topics covered are based on what is most important for YOU and can include (but are not limited to):
- Understanding the Singapore job market and learn tips for conducting your job search here
- Getting feedback on your resume in order to align with local expectations and best practices
- Networking and using LinkedIn
- Discussion of transferrable skills to explore potential options to consider
- Interview practice and preparation
- Writing cover letters and other application collateral
Sign up for your private 45-minute appointment with a professional Career Advisor (see below for Advisor bio).
Session A - 2:00-2:45pm
Session B - 3:00-3:45pm
Session C - 4:00-4:45pm
CRCE Member: $100
Non-CRCE Member: $150
**CRCE members must log in to receive CRCE member price**
Please note: If you'd like to attend a career counseling session, but can't attend the posted date/time, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting.
About the Career Advisor:
Dr. James Kwan is an accomplished career consultant and trainer with more than 20 years of experience in training, lecturing, facilitation, consulting and coaching. An accountant by training, he has worked in the finance, manufacturing, higher education, hotel and property development industries. He is currently an Independent Director of a property development company, which is listed on SGX. He is an Assistant Professor and adjunct lecturer at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and Nanyang Business School, NTU respectively.
James is a Certified Professional Career Coach of International Coach Academy. He provides career coaching and life coaching for managers and professionals seeking career changes. He conducts highly-engaging workshops in career transition topics at several training institutions. With empathy and connectedness as his key strengths, he assists his candidates to identify various pathways to develop outcome-based career strategies. His areas of expertise include:
- Creating impactful resumes with unique selling propositions and keywords that attract recruiters
- Increasing visibility and credibility on LinkedIn to build your network and enhance your job search
- Applying effective job search strategies in the Singapore market
- Handling tough interview questions and managing negotiations that could result in job offers
- Identifying and employing key strengths to flourish and thrive in career progression
- Building resilience during career transition
James demonstrates his credibility and affinity when providing training and coaching to his clients. To date, he has coached more than 300 professional managers and C-suite leaders from diverse industries in private and not-for-profit organizations.
James holds a PhD in Accounting and Finance from the University of Western Australia and five master's degrees in business administration, investment and finance, higher education and business research and digital education. He is a fellow member of several accountancy bodies in Singapore, Australia and the UK.
CRCE Cancellation & Refund Policy:
The American Association of Singapore (AAS) reserves the right to cancel events/workshops. In the event of cancellation by AAS, registrants can opt to attend another workshop or receive a full refund.
If registrant is unable to attend and wishes to cancel registration, he/she must contact AAS (email@example.com) at least 24 hours prior to the workshop start time, and he/she will be issued a credit that can be applied to any same priced CRCE workshop within the following 90 days. In the event of a no-show or day of workshop cancellation, no credit will be issued.
FREE LIVESTREAM - May: The Advice Trap with Michael Bungay Stanier
“What Brené Brown has done for vulnerability, Michael has done for curiosity”
Thinkers50, Rhodes Scholar and Canadian Coach of the Year, MICHAEL BUNGAY STANIER returns with his much-anticipated book, The Advice Trap.
A companion to the Wall Street Journal best-seller, The Coaching Habit, this book unpacks core leadership issues including:
- A new way of thinking about leadershipthat rests on curiosity and invites in empathy, mindfulness and humility
- How to change your behaviour so you stay curious longer
- Tools to make you masterful at focus, and your conversations irresistible
Learn how to #TameYourAdviceMonster - change the way you lead forever.
Date: TUES 26TH MAY 2020
COST - FREE