Did you ever feel like your resume has been lost in a black hole? What do you do to keep your resume out of that black hole? The tips from this workshop will help get your resume a chance of being considered for a job. Based on How to Land Your Dream Job, by Jeffrey J. Fox and Dan Gedal’s insight and experience, Dan shares the common perception of the resume black hole – a place where resumes and cover letters are just floating around, waiting to get into the hands of the hiring manager.
The sheer volume of resumes today increases the result that some just get lost in the shuffle. Who sees your resume? What can you do to ensure that your resume doesn’t fall into cyperspace? How do you avoid getting frustrated after you hit “send” and your resume is sent out to the application oblivion? This workshop will be an interactive discussion using a number of exercises to help job seekers become more effective in their hunt.
To be covered (among other things):
- Why one shouldn't send their resume
- Dollarize yourself: putting down quantifiables
- What to bring to an interview that other candidates don't
- Ways to effectively break down this big task
- Tips on separating yourself from the pack
- In case you didn't know it...you're a salesperson (why everyone needs to know how to sell him/herself)
- Get a job, in less time than most other job seekers today
- Find those jobs that aren't advertised, or even created yet
- Learn amusing and creative ways to keep yourself motivated during the job search
- Key methods to expand your network quickly
Cost*: $40 (CRCE member); $60 (non-member)
Late registration fee: additional $20
*CRCE Cancellation & Refund policy:
CRCE reserves the right to cancel workshops. In the event of cancellation by AAS, registrants can opt to attend another workshop or receive a full refund.
AAS does not issue refunds for workshops. If registrants contact AAS (email@example.com) at least 24 hours prior to the workshop start time, he/she will be issued a credit that can be applied to any same priced CRCE workshop within the following 90 days. In the event of a no-show or day of workshop cancellation, no credit will be issued.