Interview and Networking Skills Series: Get Prepared and Get Online!
Has it been a while since you last interviewed? Do you dread interviewing and networking? Are you uncomfortable talking about yourself and your accomplishments? Can you articulate your strengths and what makes you unique and employable?
Whether you are just starting to actively network, have an interview scheduled, or if you are only thinking about entering the job market, join us to learn tips and best practices to put your best foot forward and boost your confidence in an interview or while networking in a professional setting.
Attend both sessions or just the session that is most critical to your personal and professional development.
1. Get Prepared and Get Online! - November 7
2. What’s Your Strategy for Making a Great Impression? - November 21 (Find out more)
Learn the prerequisites and building blocks to tackle before putting yourself out there both in person and online. Topics covered in the first session are:
- Do Your Homework: Learn about the organization and match your skills and experience to the job description, functional area, or field that you are pursuing
- Build and Articulate Your Story: Craft the aspects of your story to focus on what makes you a great candidate and gain comfort in talking about yourself in a compelling way
- Adapt Your Story: Create an “Elevator Pitch” for more effective networking and for making quick introductions in a memorable way
- Practice makes perfect! Prepare answers to common questions. Prepare good questions to ask during the interview or to learn more about a potential opportunity
- Get online and make the most out of LinkedIn for networking
1 Session (CRCE Member): $60
1 Session (Non-CRCE Member): $80
2-Session Package (CRCE Member): $100
2-Session Package (Non-CRCE Member): $150
**CRCE members must log in to receive CRCE member price**
Questions? Please contact us at 6738 0371 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Workshop Facilitator:
Suzanna Borst has over 17 years experience in recruiting, people development, and human resources in both Asia and the United States. Over 13 years of her career was spent in recruiting at McKinsey & Company, a leading global management consulting firm, working in both their New York and Tokyo offices. During her time at McKinsey, Suzanna spent several years as a manager in recruiting, where she was not only responsible for overall recruiting strategy, but also internal process improvement and individual team member growth and development. She also held a manager role in professional development, where she was responsible for client team staffing assignments for all Tokyo office consultant teams, including alignment with the individual consultant’s professional development goals.
Suzanna has been in Asia since 2010. After four years in Tokyo, she relocated to Singapore in 2014. It was then that she established ten04|partners in order to focus on her passion for process and people development. She has worked with clients located in Singapore, Tokyo, and Hong Kong.
Originally from the United States, Suzanna studied Communication and Political Science at Rutgers University. She is also certified in Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®) facilitation.
CRCE Cancellation & Refund Policy:
The American Association of Singapore (AAS) reserves the right to cancel events/workshops. In the event of cancellation by AAS, registrants can opt to attend another workshop or receive a full refund.
If registrant is unable to attend and wishes to cancel registration, he/she must contact AAS (email@example.com) at least 24 hours prior to the workshop start time, and he/she will be issued a credit that can be applied to any same priced CRCE workshop within the following 90 days. In the event of a no-show or day of workshop cancellation, no credit will be issued.
American Association of Singapore
15 Scotts Road, #03-02 Thong Teck Building