One-to-One Career Counseling
Register NOW for your private career counseling session with our Career Advisor.
The topics covered are based on what is most important for YOU and can include (but are not limited to):
- Understanding the Singapore job market and learn tips for conducting your job search here
- Getting feedback on your resume in order to align with local expectations and best practices
- Networking and using LinkedIn
- Discussion of transferrable skills to explore potential options to consider
- Interview practice and preparation
- Writing cover letters and other application collateral
Sign up for your private 45-minute appointment with a professional Career Advisor (see below for Advisor bio).
Session A - 2:00-2:45pm
Session B - 3:00-3:45pm
Session C - 4:00-4:45pm
CRCE Member: $100
Non-CRCE Member: $150
**CRCE members must log in to receive CRCE member price**
Please note: If you'd like to attend a career counseling session, but can't attend the posted date/time, please contact email@example.com to schedule a meeting.
About the Career Advisor:
Dr. James Kwan is an accomplished career consultant and trainer with more than 20 years of experience in training, lecturing, facilitation, consulting and coaching. An accountant by training, he has worked in finance, manufacturing, higher education, hotel and property development industries. He is currently an Independent Director of a property development company which is listed on SGX. He chairs the Nomination Committee and is also a member of the Audit Committee and Remuneration Committee. He is an Assistant Professor and adjunct lecturer at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and Nanyang Business School, NTU respectively.
He is a Certified Professional Career Coach of International Coach Academy. He provides career coaching and life coaching at American Association of Singapore (AAS), LHH and Nanyang Business School, NTU for managers and professionals seeking career changes. He conducts in-house training and public workshops in accounting and finance, leadership development, employee effectiveness, team engagement, and career transition with various training institutions such as AAS, Mind Gym, Bailey & French and LHH.
James holds a PhD in Accounting and Finance from University of Western Australia and four master degrees in business administration, digital education, investment and finance. He is a fellow member of several accountancy bodies in Singapore, Australia and the UK.
AAS Events and COVID-19:
AAS asks our members to continue to follow the current official MOH guidelines:
- Do not attend AAS events if you have visited Mainland China, Daegu city; South Korea; and Cheongdo county, South Korea in the last 14 days
- Do not attend AAS events if you feel unwell.
- Wash your hands frequently, or use hand sanitizer when soap and water are unavailable.
The following advice was released regarding large scale events:
Advisory for businesses on large-scale events – (February 15, 2020)
Businesses should maintain normalcy, as long as the necessary precautions are taken.
- As advised by MOH, businesses are advised to cancel or defer nonessential large-scale events to reduce the risk of community transmission of COVID-19. The importance of the events differs according to the needs and priorities of the respective organisations.
- Large scale events refer to events with more than 1000 attendees. As a rough guideline, non-essential large-scale events refer to events like Dinner and Dance and Family Day with more than 1000 attendees.
- Smaller-scale events such as training and development courses and internal town hall meetings can continue.
AAS will be continuing with events from March 1 as our events do not meet the threshold of large scale, unless otherwise specified. We thank you for your patience during this time. As a non-profit organization we will do all we can to limit disruption, and ask for your support and consideration in the event of cancellations or refunds.
We will continue to monitor the situation and check government health site every day for updates. The health and well-being of our members and guests is important to us, and we will continue to follow the advice of the MOH.
CRCE Cancellation & Refund Policy:
The American Association of Singapore (AAS) reserves the right to cancel events/workshops. In the event of cancellation by AAS, registrants can opt to attend another workshop or receive a full refund.
If registrant is unable to attend and wishes to cancel registration, he/she must contact AAS (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 24 hours prior to the workshop start time, and he/she will be issued a credit that can be applied to any same priced CRCE workshop within the following 90 days. In the event of a no-show or day of workshop cancellation, no credit will be issued.
American Association of Singapore
15 Scotts Road, #03-02 Thong Teck Building
Singapore , 228218