Sun, Mar 27|
Pasir Ris Beach
Volunteer opportunity: Beach Clean Up
Garbage like plastic bottles, food packaging and bags regularly wash ashore the Singapore coast line. Join American Association of Singapore and Stamford American International School in clearing out our beaches for all to enjoy! Supplies will be provided.
Time & Location
Mar 27, 2022, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Pasir Ris Beach , 18 Pasir Ris Ave, Singapore 519685
About the Event
Singapore has a reputation for being one of the the cleanest and greenest cities in the world. But our shorelines tell a different story. We are an island, afterall, and garbage such as plastic bottles, food packaging and bags regularly wash ashore the Singapore coast line. Please join the American Association of Singapore and Stamford American International School on Sunday, March 27, from 9am to 12pm at Pasir Ris Beach Park to clear out our beaches for all to enjoy!
Gather your family, friends and colleagues for this activity. It's a great way to spend some time together while helping the environment and community.
Spaces Are Limited
Please make sure to sign up for this event as spaces are limited per ongoing Safe Management Measures.
Safe Management Measures
The following will be adhered to during the Beach Clean Up:
- Keep to groups of 5 mandated by the government for social gathering
- Maintain safe distancing of at least 1m at all times, with strictly no physical interaction between participants
- Those who are unwell should stay at home
- Check-in and check-out SafeEntry at the beach or park
- No inter-mingling among different groups
- No gathering after completion of clean-up
- All participants must be properly masked at all times
- Face shields are not allowed as substitutes for proper masks
- Cancel clean-up during wet weather
Supplies for the clean up sponsored by Stamford American International School will be provided.
After registration, you will receive an email a few days prior assigning you to clean up a specific beach. These assignments are in accordance with Singapore's safe distancing requirements.