Thursday, March 19 2020
***In light of the current COVID-19 situation, we have made the decision to cancel this weeks Newbie Night. Although it doesn't contradict all of the MOH guidelines, it is essentially a networking event and we cannot guarantee a 1m distance between all guests. We do however, have another date set for this coming fall, August 20. So, please mark it in your calendar now**
This month for Third Thursday, Hard Rock Cafe is hosting us for Newbie Night! We can't wait to see you there. Bring a friend - the more the merrier!
You can always count on us for the Third Thursday of every month as a great night with your AAS community and this month it’s one for the newbies! Come join us to learn all about upcoming events and how you can make the most of your membership. Connect with other members and make new friends.
Not a newbie? Not a problem! All members are welcome, so come and share your experiences of life on the Little Red Dot with members who are settling in.
This event is free and exclusive for AAS members.
Members will receive 15% off their food and drinks bill.
UPDATES ON COVID-19
AAS asks our members to continue to follow the current official MOH guidelines:
- Do not attend AAS events if you have visited Mainland China, Daegu city; South Korea; and Cheongdo county, South Korea in the last 14 days
- Do not attend AAS events if you feel unwell.
- Wash your hands frequently, or use hand sanitizer when soap and water are unavailable.
The following advice was released regarding large scale events:
Advisory for businesses on large-scale events – (February 15, 2020)
Businesses should maintain normalcy, as long as the necessary precautions are taken.
- As advised by MOH, businesses are advised to cancel or defer nonessential large-scale events to reduce the risk of community transmission of COVID-19. The importance of the events differs according to the needs and priorities of the respective organisations.
- Large scale events refer to events with more than 1000 attendees. As a rough guideline, non-essential large-scale events refer to events like Dinner and Dance and Family Day with more than 1000 attendees.
- Smaller-scale events such as training and development courses and internal town hall meetings can continue.
AAS will be continuing with events from March 1 as our events do not meet the threshold of large scale, unless otherwise specified. We thank you for your patience during this time. As a non-profit organization we will do all we can to limit disruption, and ask for your support and consideration in the event of cancellations or refunds.
We will continue to monitor the situation and check government health site every day for updates. The health and well-being of our members and guests is important to us, and we will continue to follow the advice of the MOH.
AAS Events Late Fee, Cancellation & Refund policy: Anyone who does not register for an event by the indicated closing registration date/time, will be subject to an additional fee of $10. AAS reserves the right to cancel events. In the case of cancellation, registrants can opt to attend another event or receive a full refund. If registrants contact AAS at least 24 hours prior to the event start time to make a cancellation, he/she will be issued a credit that can be applied to any same priced event within the following 90 days. In the case of a no-show on the day of event, no credit will be issued.